Our Horse Riding Expeditions in Mongolia
Your Riding Experience with Stone Horse Expeditions
On your horse riding expeditions in Mongolia with us you enjoy scenic routes in two of the country’s premier parks, and some extra comforts on the trail and in camp. The primary concern of our support team is your safety, the welfare of the horses, and the protection of nature.
Your Trail Horse
- Matched to your riding level, from our own herd
- Cared for year-round, with veterinary checks and winter feeding
- Western trail riding saddle, from our own saddlery
- Fitted with safety features, comfortable for horse and rider
- Small group travel, maximum 6 guests
- All riding levels
Your Ecological Footprint
- Low impact travel, ecologically sound wilderness camping
- No vehicles – pack horses only. Short distance vehicle travel to base camp
Camping, Food and Drink
- Scenic camp sites, quality equipment
- Camp cuisine, international and local, to your individual needs. Safe drinking water.
- 30+ years experience in wilderness travel. Committed to conservation and community
- Member “Travelers against Plastic”. Winner “Global Energy Award, Mongolia, 2017”
“An Adventure of a Life Time – “I loved every minute, the horses were lovely and very responsive, the countryside was wild and beautiful, the saddles comfortable and the food that was produced out of a tiny tent was indeed amazing (including freshly ground coffee every morning and wine at night). Everything was well organized but at the same time very relaxed.” Trish Durlacher, Sydney, Australia.
Destinations of Our Horse Riding Expeditions in Mongolia
We offer two distinct horse riding expeditions in Mongolia – to Gorkhi Terelj National Park and Khan Khentii Strictly Protected Area. Combined, these areas make up the largest road less wilderness region in Mongolia and some of the most outstanding and remote natural scenery in the country.
Gorkhi Terelj National Park Expeditions
Ride in Scenic Landscapes shaped by Nomadic Traditions
Gorkhi Terelj National Park is great country for horseback riding and exploring – wide open valleys and rolling hills, trails along rivers, over forested passes, down through high grasses to discover another valley. Explore the hills and grasslands, rest below rock formations arising from the steppe. Experience true hospitality and the ambiance of a Mongolian Ger (more known as Yurt in the West). Live the local culture, and be at ease with your horse – be at ease with nature.
Khentii Mountains Expeditions
Journey into the Heart of the Taiga Forest
Challenge your spirit of adventure. Enter the Khan Khentii, steeped in the spiritual history of Mongolia. Its wildness will reward you with magnificent scenery, and the solitude of the Northern forest. Follow ancient horse trails to the sources of the rivers. Encounter wildlife. Make a high mountain passage with our pack horses. Stop at alpine lakes. Enjoy camping comforts in the wild. Bond with your horse – and listen to the silence.