Our Horse Riding Expeditions in Mongolia
Destinations of Our Horse Riding Expeditions in Mongolia
Chingiis Khan roamed these mountain areas as the boy Temujiin. The Khentii Mountains hold the Gorkhi-Terelj National Park and the Khan Khentii Special Protected Area. It is a mystical place in history, this, the largest of Mongolia’s wilderness. We escape the modern world, and by horseback are greeted to breathtaking scenery with each new day. Make this your destination to nature, your destination to rediscover yourself.
Gorkhi Terelj National Park Expeditions
Ride in Scenic Landscapes shaped by Nomadic Traditions
Gorkhi Terelj National Park is great country for horseback riding and exploring – wide open valleys and rolling hills, trails along rivers, over forested passes, down through high grasses to discover another valley. Explore the hills and grasslands, rest below rock formations arising from the steppe. Experience true hospitality and the ambiance of a Mongolian Ger (more known as Yurt in the West). Live the local culture, and be at ease with your horse – be at ease with nature.
Khentii Mountains Expeditions
Journey into the Heart of the Taiga Forest
Challenge your spirit of adventure. Enter the Khan Khentii, steeped in the spiritual history of Mongolia. Its wildness will reward you with magnificent scenery, and the solitude of the Northern forest. Follow ancient horse trails to the sources of the rivers. Encounter wildlife. Make a high mountain passage with our pack horses. Stop at alpine lakes. Enjoy camping comforts in the wild. Bond with your horse – and listen to the silence.
Your Riding Experience with Stone Horse Expeditions
Your riding experience begins with a good horse, your trusted travel companion as we move across the landscape. Our expert staff and trip leaders guide you through magical scenery, across rivers, mountain passes and down flower filled valley’s, where our comfortable camp awaits at days end. Tomorrow, another day of discovery as you fall asleep under a star filled sky.
Your Trail Horse
- Matched to your riding level, from our own herd
- Cared for year-round, with veterinary checks and winter feeding
- Western trail riding saddle, from our own saddlery
- Fitted with safety features, comfortable for horse and rider
- Small group travel, maximum 6 guests
- All riding levels
Your Ecological Footprint
- Low impact travel, ecologically sound wilderness camping
- No vehicles – pack horses only. Short distance vehicle travel to base camp
Camping, Food and Drink
- Scenic camp sites, quality equipment
- Camp cuisine, international and local, to your individual needs. Safe drinking water.
- 30+ years experience in wilderness travel. Committed to conservation and community
- Member “Travelers against Plastic”. Winner “Global Energy Award, Mongolia, 2017”
“An Adventure of a Life Time – “I loved every minute, the horses were lovely and very responsive, the countryside was wild and beautiful, the saddles comfortable and the food that was produced out of a tiny tent was indeed amazing (including freshly ground coffee every morning and wine at night). Everything was well organized but at the same time very relaxed.” Trish Durlacher, Sydney, Australia.